Delaware's Public and Charter School Choice Application
SchoolChoiceDE.org provides you with a central location to submit a Choice application for participating public School Districts and Charter Schools in Delaware. SchoolChoiceDE.org allows you to apply to the school of your choice, edit your existing application(s) as needed and monitor the status of your application(s) throughout the Choice process.
View School Choice Applications for a comprehensive list of School Districts and Charter Schools participating in SchoolChoiceDE.org. For school districts and charter schools not listed, please see the DOE website or the District/Charter Schools websites.
Click here to view all Choice Applications available on SchoolChoiceDE.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Choice Application Timeline
- Monday, November 2, 2015 - 8:00am - Online Choice Application Opens
- Wednesday, January 13, 2016* - 4:00pm - Online Choice Application Closes
- Monday, February 29, 2016 - District/School Notify Parent of Invitation Status
- Friday, March 18, 2016 - Parent Notify District/School of Acceptance Decision
*Charter Schools, Vocational-Technical School Districts and Magnet schools may continue to accept applications after 1/13/2016 to fill remaining availability. Those holding a lottery will include applications received by 1/13/2016. Kindergarten applications can be submitted until the first day of school.
- You can submit applications to multiple districts/schools.
- Separate applications must be completed for each student applicant.
- Carefully review the information on the application Apply Now page for important district/school information and any needed documents (if applicable).
- It is important to maintain accurate contact information, including email address, to ensure that the districts/schools can communicate with you.
- When logged in, you can edit and/or withdraw an application at any time until the application closes or the district/school makes an invitation decision.
- Email notification will be sent from email@example.com. If you do not receive an application confirmation email, check your spam/junk folder.
Your Invitation Status and Acceptance
- Districts/schools will notify you no later than 2/29/2016 of your invitation status.
- You have until 3/18/2016 to make a decision.
- If you have multiple invitations, you will only be able to accept to one school. Once this is done, all other applications will be withdrawn or declined.
- If you are not planning to accept any invitations, then you should decline the invitation in order to provide this notification to the district/school.
- If you are placed on a waiting list, that list will be maintained until the first day of the applying school year, even if you accept an invitation to another school.
- Review the Choice Policies for all districts/schools for which you plan to apply. This information can typically be found on the Choice or Admissions page of the District/School.
- Plan to visit your school(s) of choice to learn about the school and programs they offer.
- If you accept an invitation to a charter school, you will be required to sign a Certification of Intent to Enroll document which requires your child to remain enrolled in the charter school for at least one year in the absence of any condition constituting good cause. This document should be signed after an invitation has been provided by the charter school and you have accepted the invitation.